October 2, 2022

Motorcycle Insurance

Motorcycle - Harley

We understand the needs of motorcycle riders because we too ride.  If you are looking for a policy with the minimum state required Liability limits, we will not be able to help you.  The lowest limits we sell are:

$100,000 Per Person for Bodily Injury

$300,000 Per Accident for Bodily Injury

$100,000 for Property Damage

A lot of motorcycle owners think they don't need much Liability coverage because they will likely not seriously injure someone else when they are only driving a motorcycle.  Although there is some truth to this theory, it is still possible to cause an accident that seriously inures others.  However, the real reason we don't sell lower limits is that the most important coverage to have is Uninsured Motorists (UM), and your UM limits cannot be higher than your Liability limits.  Uninsured Motorists coverage protects you in the event you are injured by another driver that either has no insurance or not enough insurance.  Many people mistakenly believe if they have health insurance they don't need UM coverage.  The problem is if you are out of work due to your injures, health insurance does not pay anything for your lost income.  It also does not pay for other costs like having to hire someone to drive your kids to school .  UM coverage can cover your lost income as well as other incurred losses due to the accident.

Our policies can also provide Physical Damage Coverage for your bike.  We can cover not just the value of your stock bike, but the customization as well.  Physical Damage coverage is broken into two coverages; Collision and Comprehensive.  Collision covers you when you collide with something and Comprehensive covers thing like theft and vandalism. 

We have carriers that will write a mono-line Motorcycle policy (a policy by itself, without also writing another policy like your Home or Auto) in MD & VA, but currently not in DC.  The only companies that we have that will write a motorcycle in DC are our High Value Home carriers.  These carriers all require a home with a Dwelling limit of $1M or more.


Our Motorcycle Insurance Companies Include the following:

ACE Private Risk Services

ACE Private Risk Services
AIG Private Client Group

AIG Private Client Group
Fireman's Fund


Contact us today for more information about Motorcycle Insurance. 

3201 New Mexico Ave NW #300
Washington, DC  20016